Searching for a sofa that can evolve with you over time and withstand a busy family lifestyle over time can be a daunting task. I feel like I have accomplished that with our sofas and I get asked about it all the time. In today’s post, I gathered the best neutral sofas I found since ours isn’t available anymore to make your search easier.
I mentioned previously that I wanted to answer questions about our sofa. We’ve owned it since 2013 and still love it. It is definitely starting to show wear and tear now since we have several cats with claws and two kids but regardless I’m happy with how it held up over such a long period of time.
The Best Neutral Sofas
This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
View my full disclosure policy.
Our sofa is the Claudia leather sofa and loveseat from Macy’s years ago. It’s been super easy to keep clean. Our sofa has been a timeless piece that I have been able to transition with my ever-changing living room as you can see above. Unfortunately, it’s not available anymore. So I’ve rounded up my favorite neutral sofas that you could use as a starting point for a similar room or pretty much any other room.
The round-up of the best neutral sofas consists of leather and fabric sofas.
Genuine leather square arm sofa– (unfortunately sold out) This beautiful made-to-order modern neutral sofa has down-filled, removable cushions and is stain-resistant.
- Harbour 88” velvet upholstered sofa – If you are looking for a contemporary neutral sofa with a touch of glam then this is the couch for you. It has reversible removable cushions and is available in several different neutral velvet fabrics.
- Paxton Sofa – This is a minimal, mid-century-inspired upholstered sofa that mixes clean lines, and long cushions, with a geometric metal base. You can choose your base finish and there are lots of neutral fabric options to pick from amongst the 70 available fabrics.
- Copper Grove Dimnat dusty white leather sofa – This couch has deep, comfy seats and sloped-style padded arms with wooden block legs. The overstuffed pillows give it an incredible comfy feel for the entire family.
- Jake Leather Sofa with solid ash wood base in a seadrift finish – This pretty leather sofa has loose down-blend-wrapped cushions with square arms. The cushions are also supported by no-sag steel sinuous springs.
- Hartwell Upholstered Apartment Sofa – This upholstered neutral sofa features clean, timeless straight lines, tailored track arms, an exposed wood skirt, and deep seat cushions that can transition from a contemporary to a traditional space.
- Chaz Sofa of the Kristin Drohan Collection – This beautiful Chesterfield-type sofa is designed but different since it is missing the traditional button-tufting but still includes the nailhead trim. It also has spring/down cushioning and comes in a variety of neutral velvet fabric colors.
- Block Nomad Sofa – This customizable modern upholstered sofa has an award-winning modular design and unique features such as a built-in USB charger. You can choose from five fabric colors, six-leg finishes, and three armrest heights.
- Velvet Rolled Arm Upholstered Sofa – This traditional upholstered Chesterfield sofa has the expected rolled armrests, button-tufting, nailhead trim, removable and reversible cushions, and a solid wood frame.
- Madrone Leather Sofa – This is a modern low-profile silhouette sofa with track arms and deep seating.
And remember size matters a lot. The sofa has to fit your room’s scale and must be a big deciding factor.
Here are some more neutral sofas that I love (thumbnail takes you to the source):
More of my home decor round-up posts
- 15 stunning cascading chandelier options for visual impact
- 15 stunning upholstered channel tufted beds
- 16 fun throw pillows for a teenage girl’s bedroom
- 9 of my favorite blue and white bistro chairs that I chose from for our patio
- How to mix and match mix and match outdoor furniture (So much better than buying a set!)
- my favorite cheap patio tables for under $300
- 8 of my favorite stylish slingback patio chairs
- my favorite cheap queen-platform beds
- my favorite 6′ round jute rug
- my favorite boho mirrors
- 8 of my favorite sunburst sculptures
- beautiful modern rattan and wicker furniture pieces
Have a great weekend my friends.