Easy and unique sad Harlequin costume
tights HERE or HERE | bow tie (I made my own) | I made my own pom-poms with THIS pom-pom maker)
white wig | face paint and face paint brushes | white shirt | black hat or striped hat (I made my own) | gloves
I attached the pom-poms and bow with safety pins to the shirt but sewed the white pom-pom onto the paper party hat. I made mine because we had some party hats left from last new years. So all I had to to do is paint one black. The rest is all make-up and wig and it’s a very easy make-up in my opinion.
1. start with clean face and braids – 2. paint the entire face white and let it dry completely
3. paint an oversized red mouth and little red nose – 4. outline the mouth in black (I used an old eyeliner brush to apply the black face paint)
5. paint the bottom part of the black eyes – 6. paint the upper black part of the eyes
7. paint three tears on the side of the face – 8. pin up braids and put wig cap over hair (comes with the wig)
9. put on wig and pigtails – 10. pin hat on top of the big and slightly on an angle
She absolutely loves this wig and it’s our own spin on this costume idea.
Saving photos to Pinterest is always the biggest favor you can do for me 😉
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
She is so happy with her costume and even won 1. place at her school’s Halloween dance.
Check out other costume ideas below: