I’m so excited to share my hallway with you guys today. It’s one of those things that I’m completely smitten with. I’m a sucker for graphic patterns and especially black and white patterns. Always have been, just ask my mom. The black and white cross pattern makes me so happy.
Black and White Cross Hallway Wall
This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
View my full disclosure policy.
When I spotted the Pia Wallen Large Cross Blanket, I had a light bulb moment and knew exactly what I wanted to do in my hallway. If you have been following me for a while then you know that I have been itching to change my hallway. I was so tired of the stripes.
Paint colors used:
The white that I used for the wall is from Valspar and it is eggshell Ultra White (7006-24).
The black for the accent wall is also Valspar and is eggshell Dark Kettle Black (4011-2).
All in all this project didn’t cost me anything because:
- I had the black wall vinyl (I have a huge stash of all colors)
- I had a Lowes gift card from Christmas to buy the paint
- I had the star chandelier, which is an old Pier1 candle holder (click HERE to see it in its original state in my 2012 Christmas tour). I had recently rub-n-buffed it gold. All I had to do yet is paint the pendant part gold to match the star and hang it over the light bulb.
It’s a classic work with what you have project since I also had the owl already. Do you remember my H&M dishtowel canvas art (click HERE to see)? That’s what it is and it looks so much better there.
I retired the cardboard deer head for now. I had him for almost 5 years and I felt it was time to stash him away.
And here, just as a reminder to show you what the hallway looked like before:
- paint the walls the base color, in my case white and let it fully dry for a couple of days
- the rest of this project is as simple as measuring the distance of the crosses and then sticking the decals on the wall. So easy!
I’m so happy with my new hallway and Pier1 candle holder chandelier. And I’m currently working on the reversed color combo. So check back next week (UPDATE: click HERE to see the closet) !