Today I’m participating in a different kind of blog hop and it involves my husband. For those of you who have followed me for quite sometime, you might remember me poking fun of him HERE which is a must read if you want to meet my husband 😉 and I’m so glad that he is over his mustache-midlife crisis.
Nowadays we call him Phil around here because he reminds me so much of Phil Dunphy from Modern Family (gosh I love that show) and I’m not the only one. My son thinks the same and there are quite some other people who agree. And I do have to admit to having Claire Dunphy moments.
Today it’s his turn to answer some questions about me and you can also head on over to all of these amazing blogs on the following list to see what other husband’s answered.
Here he goes:
Soooooo, I married a creative German!
This is a tough question. The cat enclosure she built for our furry family members has to be my favorite. It is also our feline’s favorite as it gives them outside living space. Coming in a close 2nd is the bar she built in my man cave. Yup I’m a guy who’s wife builds things and I bake and cook but I guess it works really well that way and believe me I wouldn’t even attempt to build something like that. I couldn’t tell you where to start and I don’t want to either.
Well there isn’t a project that I dislike but since there are so, so many changes in my house often, I’d say having to continually adjust to all of my wife’s projects is my least favorite part of it all. I don’t deal well with change.
It may sound simple, but my wife ALWAYS has a tape measure with her. When we arrived outside of Philly the other day to pick up that brass table she found on Craigslist and she didn’t have it, I couldn’t believe it.
Besides Julia leaving her hair bands lying on the bathroom sink with hair still attached or chugging my beer on occasion, I’d have to say her ability to have paint brushes in the sink where we wash our dishes in every day would top the list.
The Maldives were always her dream!
I’d say she’d go to Ikea and buy more pillow covers which are stacked everywhere already.
9. Name a project or decorating adventure that you thought would be a flop but was fabulous? Walking into my home after a long 12 hour shift one day and seeing our kitchen half wall cut down and dust everywhere with electrical cables sticking out left me a little frustrated and irritated.
This is what I came home to.
But in no time, this idea turned our kitchen into an entire new living area. So no harm done after all.
10. Blogging takes a lot of time. Do you ever pass by your wife while she is on the computer and secretly feel neglected?
Yes, because she is indeed on the computer all of the time.
11. Before, during, and after photos are an important part of blogging, do you ever remember to do that while working on projects for your wife?
The projects I work on for my wife are typically cooking projects where I do try to take photos of all of the steps involved. But, more often than not, my photos are not good enough.
12. How often do you read your wife’s blog and do you have a favorite post?
Since English is my wife’s 2nd language, I am her official proofreader, so yes I read almost every blog post. Even though they aren’t DIY or project related, my wife’s posts about our daughter and her health issues (HERE, HERE and HERE) are my favorites. Seeing how much they touch many other people’s lives.
13. Before changing a piece of furniture, hanging new curtains, or planning a whole room redo, does your wife consult you or do you come home and it’s done?
More often than not, I come home and it’s done. And when I don’t notice something, I get called out on it.
14. Does Julia discuss her blog with you, stories from other blogs or friendships with other bloggers?
Sure, like I said, I proofread each blog post she writes. And she has really created great and lasting friendships with other bloggers and their names are becoming familiar to me, as are their pets.
15. Where do you think she gets most of her creative inspiration; tv, magazines, online, you, or was she just born that way?
I’d have to say she was born that way. And having the opportunity to attend an art school in Germany and working in an environment in Würzburg which allowed her to show her creativity really turned her on to her creative side. She never even considered doing anything else and our daughter appears to be the same way.
16. Do you know what Pantone’s color of the year is and how do you feel about so called “girly” colors for your walls?
Who is Pantone? I have no clue. I don’t mind any color choice to be honest. None of our walls are overly colorful, most have a pastel tone and I’m not adverse to any “girly” color. We have many different colored walls, so a light pink or light purple here or there would be fine.
17. If you could change one room or area of your home with no decorating advice from your wife, what area would you choose and why?
Man cave because that’s the area where I enjoy spending a lot of my time and I sure would love a new sofa 😉
18. Are you ever worried that she will share too much personal information or that blogging might invade your private life?
No, while Julia shares some personal info, she is careful not to give out too much personal info. So far, so good.
19. Have you ever helped her style photos for her blog or offer input on how you think a vignette should look?
Heck no, I don’t get involved in that area of her work.
20. There is a saying “If walls could talk…”, what would yours say about the decorating in your bedroom?
If my bedroom walls could talk, they would tell everyone that my wife likes going to bed early and have all the cats piled up on top of her while watching Netflix on her iPhone.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Hey he’s known to wear a pink shirt here and there so I’m glad he doesn’t mind girly colors.
And he is usually a good sport about the DIY part. He had 17 years of marriage to get used to it. But I do have to say that if I would sit on the computer ALL the time, no projects would actually get finished so that’s totally not the truth ha!
Hope you enjoyed the hubby’s answers.