Small Space Christmas Tree Solution with Ikea Margareta Ikea Margareta Christmas Tree Canvas
I know that I’m very early with my Christmas decor. I usually start the day after Thanksgiving (I never go shopping on Black Friday) but when I stopped at Ikea I fell in love with the Ikea Margareta Fabric. My head was spinning, that’s how excited I was!
While my mom was here I started working on a little (yeah right, it’s huge) canvas.
This is what you’ll need:
• four 2x2x8 furring strips for $6.88 (2 cuts at 50″ length, 2 cuts at 72″ length)
• 2 yards of Ikea Margareta (not available anymore but you can find it HERE and HERE now)
• 1 pack (8 screws) 2 1/2″ wood screws for $1.18
• stapler (HERE) and staples
• ornament hooks (HERE)
• flat ornaments (HERE )
• If you’d like to add lights to the canvas, you can buy 14″ inch grommets (or whatever fits your bulbs), attach them to the fabric where you want the lights and stick the bulbs from a white light garland through the grommet one the back of the canvas and let the electrical cord hang out at the bottom. I opted for no lights since I want my chandelier to be the lighting focal point and another reason is that the grommets were on the pricey side. It sure would look stunning to have the canvas lit though!
You could also make an advent calendar! There are so many possibilities!
Lite weight ornaments work best and that’s why I used these ornaments from an old Ikea garland.
I just pushed the hooks into the fabric with the ornaments on it.
I usually have a small tree in the corner instead of the boxwood topiary. I might put it somewhere else this year. Not sure yet!
What do you think? I have to take some more pictures when it is dark outside because the chandelier looks beautiful. At least that’s what I think.
Have a great weekend. I hope I’ll be done with another exciting project by Monday.
Happy Friday und guten Tag!