I know that I’m very early with my Christmas decor. I usually start the day after Thanksgiving (I never go shopping on Black Friday) but when I stopped at Ikea I fell in love with the Ikea Margareta Fabric. My head was spinning, that’s how excited I was!
|I love the Ikea Margareta Wood too. It would look great in a faux fireplace, wouldn’t it?|
While my mom was here I started working on a little (yeah right, it’s huge) canvas.
This is what you’ll need:
• four 2x2x8 furring strips for $6.88 (2 cuts at 50″ length, 2 cuts at 72″ length)
• 2 yards of Ikea Margareta (pine tree) fabric for $13.98
• 1 pack (8 screws) 2 1/2″ wood screws for $1.18
• stapler (HERE) and staples
• ornament hooks (HERE)
• flat ornaments (HERE )
• If you’d like to add lights to the canvas, you can buy 14″ inch grommets (or whatever fits your bulbs), attach them to the fabric where you want the lights and stick the bulbs from a white light garland through the grommet. I opted for no lights since I want my chandelier to be the lighting focal point and another reason is that the grommets were on the pricey side. It sure would look stunning to have the canvas lit!
You could also make an advent calendar! There are so many possibilities!
|I predrilled the holes and put the frame together with 2 screws for each connection.|
|Then I stapled the fabric really tight to the frame. Make sure to keep it even, so the tree looks straight.|
|I bent the hook from the right side into the hook that you can see on the left side,|
to be able to just push them into the fabric and hang the ornaments.
|Lite weight ornaments work best and that’s why I used these ornaments from an old Ikea garland.|
|I just pushed the hooks into the fabric with the ornaments on it.|
Do you notice something else? I hope so! Haha!
I changed out the crystals on my cellula chandelier.
|Look, I can see myself in the ornament 🙂|
I usually have a small tree in the corner instead of the boxwood topiary. I might put it somewhere else this year. Not sure yet!
What do you think? I have to take some more pictures when it is dark outside because the chandelier looks beautiful. At least that’s what I think.
Have a great weekend. I hope I’ll be done with another exciting project by Monday.
Happy Friday und guten Tag!