I haven’t had a Friday Favorites in a while and I just wanted to wait until I had something good to share again. Thankfully my kiddos don’t read my blog, so I can share some things for you as ideas that I have bought for them and that are also on my list. Maybe you get some ideas for your own family or yourself.
I know it’s the time of the year where gift idea lists are overshared and you get bombarded with them all over the place on websites and social media and I definitely don’t want to do that. So I’m sharing genuine and real ideas that I’m using myself one time only.
Our Christmas Lists
We are definitely a family that is pretty connected with their gadgets and my kiddos have tech items on their list every year.
- Let me explain a little, my entire family either loses or forgets their charging cables all the time, so I’m thinking the charging cable bracelet (click HERE) will be perfect. You’ll always have one when you need it and when you are done wear it to wherever you are going. I think this will be a good one.
- Another thing is that they always run out of battery and I don’t like the regular power banks because they need an additional cable to charge the thing and you can never find that darn cable. So you can either plug this one into the wall with your bracelet cable or have it charged on the go to power up your phone with the bracelet cable. Perfect for us! And I’m sure we aren’t the only ones. (click HERE)
- My daughter loves to sing and wants a microphone. She actually just had a solo in her chorus concert in front of 600 people. She did super well. So I agree, she really should have a microphone. Well this special little microphone is cordless and can be used on it’s own, or you can stream music through the little speaker…or take this, you can pair it with karaoke apps on your phone and have fun. And to top it off it’s affordable at under $40 and available in different colors too (click HERE).
- My son also loves music and loves listening to it on the go, especially when he is skiing and he can clip the speaker to his water backpack. I’ve bought him this speaker (HERE) last Christmas. He loves it so much and uses it all the time.
- This little gadget is actually on my list and the kids keep saying they want it too. It’s a video doorbell that I can pair with my phone and I can see who is at the door and even speak to the person without either getting up or even being home. (click HERE) I love our ecobee thermostat (click HERE) that I bought this year. There is nothing better than changing your house temperature from your phone in the middle of the night. Our air conditioning and heat has been one of our number one thing to fight about in our marriage. Now I only wait until he snores and is deep asleep and I can have the temperature the way I want. And he doesn’t even know it ever happened. Sooooo I think a doorbell like that could equally change my life, you know what I mean?
This little round up of comfy gifts is also very specific to the likes of my family but who knows maybe you are the same way or know someone who is.
- I always love a pretty throw and have quite the collection. This one struck me as unique and goes with all my blue accents at the moment. Plus you know me how much I adore tassels. This one is a throw for the tassel lover for sure (click HERE)
- Sooooo I can’t remember if I shared this shirt with you before. I bought it for my husband last year. The reason behind it is that he made this same remark “I’d prefer not to” to me when I asked him to pick up our daughter from soccer. My first response was anger and after a while I just had to laugh. Who says that? Probably also a teenager. So now in our household and amongst our friends we always joke “I’d prefer not” when we are asked to do something. Lord knows I’d love to say it multiple times a day. (click HERE for shirt)
- In our house we are big fans of sanük shoes. I don’t have a nice pair yet though and love these corduroy boots. (click HERE) but I also love these HERE and HERE.
- I bought my son these faux shearling lined sanüks (click HERE) last Christmas and he wears them all the time. Like the reviews show under the link, others love them too. He also wears them in spring and fall. My husband has the non-fur lined version. (click HERE) You might have noticed them at the beach in surf shops because that’s how we learned about them.
- This book applies to my son’s and my obsession with our favorite comfort food which is asian noodle soups. He prefers ramen and I prefer pho but we love both types at any time of the day and season. They are just so so yummy. A cook book to make our own and not having to run out to find the good stuff would be helpful and also nice to learn. (click HERE). This book gets the best reviews out of all of them.
- And if you make your own versions of asian noodle soups or even just for take-out then you need a nice stylish set or two of asian soup bowls, spoons and chopsticks. (click HERE)
This following mug is the perfect gift for the crazy cat person like myself. I’m getting it! (click HERE)
If you want to give your furry kiddo a little gift for Christmas then you should get these lickable treats. Anthony and Willy looooove them. (click HERE)
Or if you’d like to spend more on your cat then check out these wall contraptions I bought for my cats. I love that they don’t use any floor space. (click HERE)
You guys know that my hair has been falling out terribly since my early twenties and I’ve been trying to find something that works and nothing has worked so far. I’ve tried so much including simple Biotin and the Nioxin system which I definitely disliked. It just made my hair feel stiff and nothing else. Part of the problem was that I had been straightening my hair with a straightening iron for too long and a lot of it was breakage. The grayer my hair got the more frizzy and stubborn it has gotten and I could barely keep my hair open anymore because it was just so so frizzy. When my friend told me that she had gotten a keratin complex treatment at Ulta for under $170, I got excited. She loved how her hair felt and looked now and also how fast it dried. I went for it and got the “ultimate smooth treatment” done too, since I don’t need it to be totally straight. I don’t hate by curls. AND I love it!!! It looks and feels so healthy and I have no more frizz. Drying and styling my hair is done in 10 minutes after washing. I also don’t have a clogged shower drain from hair loss anymore or a hair brush filled with broken off and lost hair. Ulta actually has a 15% off coupon right now for their services which expires on 1/5/19 in case you want to get your hair done before Christmas. I would definitely love an Ultra gift card (click HERE) from my husband for another treatment. The treatments last for about 3-5 months depending on how often you wash your hair.
One more thing regrading my hair, I started taking some new hair vitamins about 1.5 months ago which I found at my dermatologists office and I thought I’d give them a try. They are called Nutrafol (HERE) and so far I can indefinitely feel my hair growing faster…on my entire body in places where I don’t want it to grow LOL. They say that you should be taking them for 3-5 month to notice a significant change on your head. So I’ll keep you updated when I get to that point. I asked for more for Christmas from my husband since they are pretty pricey.
I hope you found some of this helpful.
Have a wonderful weekend. I’ll be working at the ski resort already. It’s an earlier start to the winter sport season this year which I didn’t anticipate but after having had 8 of Anthony’s teeth removed yesterday (poor little guy), I can definitely use some extra money because my savings are completely depleted. Ugh!